Lots of people are wondering what the future holds for Winamp. Loads, to be honest. I can't get into too much detail, but we're very much focused on the following areas for this year and next:
- Major overhaul of the Winamp Preferences to reduce clutter and bury less used options.
- We'll be making modifications all over the player UI to improve the CD Burning, Ripping, Playlists, Media Views, etc... All good things.
- A new Unified Media Info Editor. The idea is, we'll have one consistent UI for editing all meta data for audio and videos respectively. We'll build it so that it's backwards compatible.
- New Pro features... yes, we've been listening to user demands. We'll be adding additional features only available to Pro users.
- Portable Device support for real, sort of :P
- Engine improvements for skinners and plug-in developers.
- Media Services are the future... If you've been paying attention to what's going on in the media player market, it's pretty obvious. This one is going to be loads of fun for everyone.
That said, we've lost a few members of the team in the past year and guess what, we're hiring. If you've got the know-how and the elbow-grease to lead us to this new land, please check out this job posting and apply!
Good times :)