Ah yes, I love this time of year.
Let's talk about some of the things that rock about this time of year:
- Vacation, vacation, did I mention vacation?
- Time with friends and family. Hopefully they'll all try hard not to be too dysfunctional.
- Yummy food
- Road trips (for me, at least)
- Putting up Christmas lights. Two years ago it was the standard twinkle lights, last year the stupid icicles, and this year, undoubtedly lame snowflakes.
- Putting up that God forsaken plastic Christmas tree. Every year, the moment I walk through my parents front door I'm followed and irritated until I put up that stupid tree.
- Cleaning the Garage. Yes, my parents take the wonderful opportunity of me being home for the holidays to make me take the same boxes down empty them and put them up. This appears to be a yearly ritual.
- Seeing old friends. Most of the time, seeing people from your past is cool, except when you hate their guts.
- Putting on an extra 10lbs.
- Having to open presents that you hate, then having to thank the person who gave it to you.
Bah, I'm just being pissy. I sense that I'm catching the flu. I've been deaf in one ear all morning and I've had a splitting headache since last night. If there's one reason I hate the winter, it's because of that damn flu.